Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Been gone a while

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Been gone a while

    Glad to be back & happy I googled Altec or I would never have found the New Site.
    Who ever put this Site Up.........Thanks also

    http://www.altecpro.com/products/vin...x.htm#speakers

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Been gone a while

    Good to hear from ya!

    You looking for plans or what? Old style or new?
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile Re: Been gone a while

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    Good to hear from ya!

    You looking for plans or what? Old style or new?
    Thanks
    Nice to be back in the fold.
    On the link I put below there is a sheet, a PDF on the 614-D, I wondered if they give a SPL rating for the cab used with a 417, or is the SPL the same as the speaker 's spec?
    Also a frequency range... any info like that.
    I'm not that educated when it comes to that stuff. :}

    http://www.altecpro.com/pdfs/vintage...%20Cabinet.pdf

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Been gone a while

    Yeah, SPL for cone drivers, whether expressed as sensitivity, or max output, normally assumes a "typical" cabinet in the bargain. For a 417, a 614 box would qualify as typical, so sensitivity or max SPL from a 417 spec would be really close.

    On the other hand, compression drivers and cones used in horns have no such "typical" assumption, as the gain of the horn can vary from one model to another.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile Re: Been gone a while

    Thanks.
    Jeff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.